How do I get to Pierpont Commons from North Campus housing?
- Best option from 7:30 a.m.-10:55 a.m.: Take the Northwood Express from your residence to Pierpont. Stops are on Murfin north of Hubbard, at the Fire Station, on Bishop St, on Cram Circle, on Hubbard near Cram Circle and on Hubbard near Murfin.
- Other times: Take the Northwood or Bursley-Baits buses from your residence or Bursley to Pierpont.
How do I get to the Michigan Union on Central Campus from North Campus?
- Take the Northwood Express, Northwood or Bursley-Baits bus to the Central Campus Transit Center. You can either walk to the Michigan Union from the transit center or transfer to the Commuter South, which will take you to the Union.
- Alternately, you can ride to Pierpont Commons, and then transfer to the Commuter South, which will take you to the Union.
How do I get to the Kroger grocery store from North Campus?
- The Northwood route bus has a stop on McIntyre just across Plymouth Road from the Traver Village shopping center. Bus drivers call it the “Kroger stop.” The North Campus route that runs on weekend mornings is the most direct service.
- From the Northwood III/Northwood Houses stop on Hubbard or Pierpont Commons, take the AATA Route 1 bus to the Plymouth Mall bus stop. Exit and cross Nixon Road to get to Kroger. The bus does not go to these stops on Sunday. Get specific information at the AATA website.
How do I get home from the Plymouth Road Kroger?
- The Northwood route bus departing from McIntyre, just across Plymouth Road, will take you to Pierpont Commons, where you can catch an outbound bus back to the Northwood neighborhood. On weekend mornings, service back and forth is direct on the North Campus route bus, with no transfers, from the McIntyre stop across Plymouth Road from Traver Village.
- Take the AATA Route 1 bus until it returns to Northwood Housing or Pierpont Commons. The bus does not go to these stops on Sunday.
How do I get to the Busch’s grocery store from North Campus?
- From Pierpont, take the AATA Route 22 bus to the Green Road Park & Ride. Cross the road to Busch’s. This bus does not run on Sunday.
How do I get home from the Green Road Busch’s grocery store?
- Take the AATA Route 22 bus from the Green Road Park & Ride back to Pierpont Commons. This bus does not run on Sunday.
How do I know which bus to take?
- Feel free to ask the bus driver what the best bus is for your destination or where the best stop is for your destination -- even the seniors have to do it sometimes.
What are the main route names and how can I tell which bus is approaching?
- There are 5 main routes: Bursley-Baits, Commuter, Northwood, Northwood Express and Diag-to-Diag. Each route is identified by the bright yellow lettering on the front of the bus above the driver's head. For all routes, stop locations and schedules visit the U-M Transportation website.
Where does the Northwood bus travel?
- The Northwood goes from Northwood Housing to several main classroom buildings and the Hill Area residence halls on Central Campus. Pick up the Northwood at Pierpont Commons on North Campus, and at the Exhibit Museum (across from the C.C. Little building) or the Power Center on Central Campus.
Where does the Northwood Express travel?
- This bus goes through the Northwood community – with stops on Murfin, Beal, Bishop, Cram Circle, Hubbard and Pierpont Commons, and then goes to C.C. Little. The return route begins at the Ruthven Museum bus stop across from C.C. Little on Central Campus.
Where does the Commuter go?
- The Commuter has Northbound and Southbound routes. (Check the sign on the front of the bus for direction.) This bus goes from the Athletic Campus to Central Campus to North Campus and back. Pick up the Northbound Commuter at the IM Sports Building, the Union, or C.C. Little. Pick up the Southbound Commuter at Pierpont Commons on North Campus, or C.C. Little on Central Campus.
Where does the Diag-to-Diag go?
- This bus travels between the Central and North campus diags. Pick up the Diag-to-Diag at the museum stop (across from the C.C. Little building) or Power Center on Central Campus or at Pierpont Commons on North Campus.
Where does Bursley-Baits go?
- This bus travels between North Campus residence halls and several buildings on Central Campus. Get on at Bursley or Baits on North Campus, at C.C. Little on Central Campus or on Zina Pitcher between Ann and Catherine streets on the Medical Campus.
Do I have to wait in the rain or snow for the bus?
- No. Visit the Magic Bus online before heading out to your stop to know when the next bus will arrive.