After six months of renovations at Pierpont Commons, the new Fireside Café has opened offering a wide range of fresh and hearty foods and a dynamic dining room that provides a welcoming place to eat, meet and relax.
Celebrating the latest accomplishment in a series of projects to improve and renew Student Life facilities on campus, Fireside Café will host a grand opening week September 8 – 12, including a ribbon-cutting ceremony and reception 1:30 – 3 p.m. on September 8. Each day of the week will feature a different food station, with free food samples 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday.
Fireside Café diners can enjoy five different food stations to satisfy every appetite:
- Maize Blaze – chefs prepare unique made to order items using fresh, seasonal ingredients
- Greens. Grains. Soups. – an abundant salad bar, artisan breads and original home style soups
- The Hearth – a brick oven serves up breakfast selections, hearty sandwiches, baked entrees and specialty flatbread pizza
- Flare – local ethnic restaurants set up shop daily and rotate throughout the week
- Fuel – a wide variety of freshly prepared grab ‘n go items
The new dining room features several fireplaces, comfortable seating arrangements and an expansive view of the outside scenery.
Local restaurants that will regularly offer different cuisine at Fireside Café include:
- Hut-K – savory Indian street fare (Mondays)
- Jamaican Jerk – flavors of the tropical Caribbean (Tuesdays)
- Palm Palace –variety of Mediterranean selections including kabobs (Wednesdays)
- Ahmo’s – pita and gyro sandwiches, and more (Thursdays)
- Earthen Jar – hot, flavorful vegan entrees (Fridays)
Fireside Café hours of operation are Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-Midnight, Friday, 8 a.m.-7 p.m., Saturday 11 a.m.-4 p.m. and Sunday 3 p.m.-11 p.m. Pierpont Commons is located at 2101 Bonisteel Boulevard in Ann Arbor, on the North Campus of the University of Michigan.